Phencyclidine Drug Test Strips
- Phencyclidine (PCP) Drug Test Strip is a preliminary test for detecting PCP
- Phencyclidine Drug Test in urine has a cut off of 25 ng/ml.
- Sensitive one-step rapid test with 99% accuracy
- Fast-acting (Results within 5 minutes)
- For at-home or clinical use
- Results are easy to read
- The detection time of Phencyclidine Drug Test in urine is up to 14 days after consumption
- PCP Drug Test Strips are one of the preferred screening tools to detect Phencyclidine
Phencyclidine Drug Test Strip
Slash Medical’s Phencyclidine Drug Test Strips are a valuable tool used in drug testing. Each PCP test strip will detect the presence of Phencyclidine in urine in under 10 minutes. Each test is 99% accurate and is a cost-effective device that can be purchased in bulk for a discounted rate. Single-panel test strips are some of the more popular drug testing tools available today due to their simplicity, ease of use, and accuracy. A single-panel drug test strip will detect only one drug at one cutoff level
The test is accomplished by dipping the end of the test strip into a urine sample for 10-15 seconds. Then the test strip is placed on a non-absorbent surface for 5 minutes where the test results should be read at the 5-minute mark. Test results should not be read after 10 minutes. Each test is easy to complete, requiring little assistance. Single-panel drug test strips can be used easily at home, or in a clinical environment.
Why Test for PCP?
PCP, or phencyclidine, is a dissociative anesthetic used for its mind-altering effects. It is an illegal street drug that can be inhaled, injected, smoked, or swallowed. Because PCP is a mind-altering drug, it can cause severe changes in mood and behavior. This drug belongs to the hallucinogen class of drugs. These drugs cause the user to see nonexistent things created by the mind. This drug has been popular in the club/rave scene, often being used by a younger crowd.
Unfortunately, PCP use comes with extremely harmful effects including increased blood pressure, memory loss, kidney failure, anxiety, and depression. Because this drug is extremely potent and dangerous, many who administrate drug testing programs will purchase drug tests that detect PCP in urine. For workplace drug testing scenarios where employers require sobriety, PCP screening may come as an advantage for those who need to abide by safety protocols.
How to Use an PCP Test
Slash Medical’s Phencyclidine Drug Test strips are simple and easy to use. Because of their accuracy and ease of use, they’re a great solution for screening multiple individuals in a short period of time. This test has become a standard in urine alcohol testing and one of the most accurate alcohol tests available today. Before beginning, it is important to have a stopwatch, gloves, and a test container for the urine specimen.
- Remove the drug test from its sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible. For best results, perform the assay within an hour.
- Next, hold the strip by the end, where you can see the product name. To avoid contamination, do not touch the strip membrane.
- Then, holding the strip vertically, dip the test strip in the urine sample for at least 10-15 seconds. Do not immerse above the maximum line (MAX) on the test strip.
- After the drug test has finished, remove the strip from the specimen and place it on a non-absorbent flat surface. This would be the appropriate time to start the timer and wait for the colored band(s) to appear. The results can be read in 5 minutes. Do not interpret it after 10 minutes.